Individuals and organisations have donated huge amounts of time, energy and expertise, as well as practical necessities like seeds, spaces and buildings – we are only 6 weeks in and there are so many positive things happening.
There are some things however, that nothing but old-fashioned spondoolies are going to secure, and so we’ve launched our first crowdfunding campaign on Spacehive who specialise on civic projects. As we explain on thecampaign page, here’s what we’ll do if we are successful:
- Kick start the next phase by planting 3 highly visible edible gardens in the centre of Bristol.
- Supply resources and support to people in Bristol to grow organic produce all over the city.
- Provide volunteering opportunities for people looking to join a community-led green initiative in Bristol.
- Work with schools and universities to raise awareness of issues surrounding food as a vital issue.
- Work with hospitals and care homes to offer edible gardening opportunities to patients and the elderly.
- Build a kinder and more resilient Bristol for future generations.
There’s much more info over on the page, so please do check it out, and if you feel you can afford it, make Bristol a pledge for veg! – even it’s just a couple of quid.